Online Presence – “Light”
For many small businesses, particularly start-ups, it can be very important to get a presence and begin to market online as soon as possible. The traditional way to do this is with a website, but an alternative is to start with your social media.
We were approached by the Earz “Listening To Mums Club” with the request to help them create a professional image and presence online for a low cost. This is a typical start up situation where expenses really needed to be kept down, but with a desire for a clean, professional look.
In cases like this, we recommend:
- Facebook Page
- Twitter Account
- 5hr Social Media package to get your accounts off the ground with Followers and Likes
The benefits of this approach are many…
- Costs are kept low with no ongoing monthly costs for Facebook or Twitter accounts.
- Turnaround is quick. The systems are simple and this package can be put together much quicker than building a website.
- A professional look and identity is instantly created and you can expand this to your business cards, letterhead, etc.
- Your first marketing channels are built in and you can get out onto Facebook and Twitter and start interacting and letting people know about your business and what you have to offer.
For consultants we would also recommend adding a LinkedIn profile to the mix where you can showcase your professional experience and connect with industry professionals.
This is a quick, easy and cost effective way to get yourself and your business online. One of the beauties of this system is that when you are ready to build your website the ground work you have put in on your social media will be a huge benefit for getting your new site seen!